MATS is the Air Navigation Service Provider for the Maltese islands. Over the past fifteen years we have served in Single European Sky initiatives and participated to solutions in the Air Traffic Management world.
Our Management Team is seeking a Specialist on ATM related projects to help decision-making and support our efforts towards achieving Common Projects regulated targets. You will play a pivotal role in providing insights, analysis and presentations to support MATS achieving its goals. You will work closely with Company management, and various stakeholders to generate presentations, conduct analysis, and identify opportunities for revenue growth. This role offers an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to kickstart / spacialise their career in the field of Aviation – European Air Traffic Management.
• in possession of a recognised qualification at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent*) in a study/domain such as Engineering, Operations or a relevant area plus at least three (3) years of proven, relevant work experience.
*A recognised Qualification comparable to 180 ECTS/ECVET credits, as applicable is only accepted subject to an MQRIC formal recognition statement being submitted with the application
• A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience** including 5 years (preferably) in air navigation service provision / aviation.
**Relevant working experience means either as a Project Manager or in an established Project Management role in the aviation industry.
• Knowledge of EU R&D programmes and corresponding funding mechanisms.
• Knowledge of Aviation & Air Traffic Management systems.
• Negotiation skills in a context of overall shortages of resources and of conflicting requests and demands.
• Ability to assess and anticipate market evolutions, identify business opportunities and adapt to changing demands and requirements to reinforce an agile environment.
• Networking skills required to develop strategic connections for the organisation.
• An aptitude to be a logical thinker in the decision-making process.
• Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of MATS
• Proficient in the English language
Will be considered an Assets.
• Competence in aviation operational / technical fields
• Experience in Common Projects Management, EU funded projects or ATM technical / operational assignments
• Familiarity with the SESAR functions
• Experience in managing an annual budget at least in the order of the budget of the present SESAR Contribution Programme, being accountable for its successful financial execution and delivery.
• Knowledge of EU Aviation legislation (e.g. Single European Sky)
• Experience or knowledge in concept validation, techniques and simulations
• Experience in project management and associated programme management methods and tools.
• Proven track record of leadership and strategic management skills
1. managing the implementation of projects by the SESAR Deployment Manager (DM)
2. coordinating task forces dealing with EU Common Projects objectives
3. managing the necessary documentation – pre, during and post project (lead the draft required project literature where MATS will be a leader, as well as support other stakeholders where MATS will be a contributor, with the assistance of other MATS competent personnel in the field)
4. advising MATS respective departments in the timely and effective implementation of funded / external projects
5. to act as the main PoC for MATS with CINEA, SESAR JU, SESAR DM, national ministries, the EC in Horizon projects, as well as other projects that MATS requires/participates and partners
6. representing MATS within the European forum in respect to SESAR-SJU projects
7. managing MATS input(s) through the shared tools
8. follow the European Commission work programs, including Deployment Plans
9. contribute to the Deployment Monitoring tool view
10. responsible for drafting the project literature where MATS will act as a lead, as well as support other stakeholders where MATS will be a contributor, with the assistance of other MATS competent personnel in the field
11. to budget, manage and report financial income, expenditure of projects
12. to assist MATS Finance and Administration Section during internal audits
13. to monitor / manage/ oversee projects and report compliance to the relevant common project’s requirements with the SQSC
14. to travel overseas as necessary (training and work duties) as required by the position
15. ensure that all changes/projects implemented within the MATS System (people, equipment, procedures, environment) are first coordinated with the SQSC section to ensure full compliance with EU, SES, National, MATS SQSC SOPs and processes.
16. apply, support and adhere to the Safety, Quality, Security and Compliance policies and procedures of the organisation as required by international, national and internal requirements.
17. report all safety and security occurrences.
18. ability to cope with high pressure situations; tight schedules, demanding expectations, stringent cost-efficiency targets, etc.