Malta Air Traffic Services is the Air Navigation Service Provider for Malta operating locally within an international framework with a workforce of over 160 personnel. .
The Administration responsibilities at Malta Air Traffic Services include preparing and maintaining accurate financials, ensuring compliance with several regulations, and contributing to the efficient management in air navigation service provision. You will assist in the administration and finance sections including reconciliations and statements, support audits, and assist in the close process and analysis for aviation-related results.
6 O Levels + 1 A Level Matriculation Certificate OR MQF Level 4 Certificate.
A minimum of two (2) years’ proven relevant work experience in a similar role in the Public or Private sector.
Main objectives and Responsibilities of the post:
Alternate to ATASO (administration)
• Manage and Coordinate the daily transmissions, make sure that they are sent properly on time according to the Eurocontrol yearly transmission calendar; Reporting both Local and En-route flights to Eurocontrol including information of Aircraft Flight Number, Registration, Type, Entry and Exit points, etc…
• Manage and Coordinate any Corrections and Claims queried from Eurocontrol.
Alternate to ATASO (Finance)
Finance related duties
• To ensure that creditors and bank accounts are prepared on a monthly basis. This involves the inputting of all Local and Foreign Invoices.
• All supplier payments are to be made on a timely basis. Any payments issued are to be backed up by respective documentation and signed the respective individuals where required.
• To deposit in bank any payments received from creditors and post all entries. To keep all revenue deposits entered in the bank account from Eurocontrol in a separate sheet so at the end of the month this will be passed to CFO/Head Finance.
• To maintain a good, organized filing of the documentation backing up all book keeping entries.
• To ensure that all bank accounts including visas are reconciled monthly and petty cash is physically reconciled and a paper issued monthly showing it has been agreed to the trial balance figure.
• To issue payment by 24*7 the wages and salaries for all MATS employees on the 27th of every month or Friday when this date falls within a weekend.
• To ensure that the wages FSS monthly docs are reconciled to the trial balance and that all payments towards the IRD are punctual.
• To look into all bank account balances on the third week of the month, so as to prepare any transfer of funds as required.
• To take care of doing transfers between own accounts of the company and do the related postings of such transfers.
• Taking care of the petty cash box and make sure that there is sufficient cash in this box. If it will be the case cash is brought from bank.
Administrative related duties
• To apply for visitors permits to access Gate 1 and 4. To make sure that any application is to be approved from the Head of the respective section. To ensure that such applications are approved then from Malta International Airport in time.
• Provide Finance and Administration with the requested documentation and reports in a timely and efficient manner.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time in relation to the role as requested by Management.
• Apply, support and adhere to the Safety, Quality, Security and Compliance policies and procedures of the organisation as required by international, national and internal requirements.
• Report safety occurrences.